Last night a genie offered me three wishes.
And though there are three things I long for,
I declined. I've learned it is not wise
to try and force time's river
from its course. Life brings surprises,
often better than the ones I've had in mind.
This morning I awoke, and for a second
thought I saw a puff of steam and flash of brass --
but when my eyes were fully open, there was no one here.
And I recalled those wishes,
wondered if I should have seized the opportunity
to bend fate to my will - then shrugged, and went about my day.
You have awakened things I'd buried deep and did not think to feel again.
If I had made those wishes, here is what they'd be:
-- I wish we will stay friends -- this wish comes first and strongest.
-- I wish that you will come to play again and make me smile.
-- I wish real life will hold it's tongue and not stand in the way.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment