Saturday, September 12, 2009

Had been flirting with somebody on Twitter, went out once on SL, decided I didn't want to see him again. Ethical slip made me feel I didn't want to be friends. Told him so, stopped following him on Twitter, dropped him from my followers list. Didn't block him on either SL or Twitter.

He continued IMing me on SL, sending tweets addressed to me, retweeting my posts. Posted a Follow Friday twee along the line oft: "Even though I cannot follow her, I recommend that you follow her insightful comments." Though I seldom saw him before on SL, he is now showing up at events I go to regularly. (This might have nothing to do with me, they are good events and perhaps he's just discovered them.)

Other night he IMd me and asked if he could follow me again on Twitter because he misses my excellent Tweets - I said okay but warned that I keep my list small and prune it often. He was also sending tweets addressed to me - I finally replied that I did not want a Twitter conversation with him and would block him if he continues. Could not DM him so anybody who follows both of us would have seen that message.

So far as I can tell he is not following me, but he keeps recommending me on Follow Friday and Retweeting my posts -- couldn't figure out how, then realized he's probably going to my profile page and reading my timeline there.

He is harmless, just annoying. May block him if this continues.

No comments: