Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Only one person showed up for my SL workshop on Friday. He came in saying, "I probably can't stay very long. I don't feel well and I have to pack for an important plane trip." Two of the ed tech folks decided to come also, so we ended up with 3 people.

We brought them in at Oxbridge, got them cool avatars, explored a small island that a friend had given me use of for the day, visited Virtual Harlem and danced at the Apollo Hotel Ballroom. A friend came by and offered to open the club where he djs and spin for us, so we went there for a while and taught the newbies how to ballroom dance.

The fellow who planned to leave early stayed for the entire workshop. When he left, he told me, "Those people who didn't come don't know what they missed. This was great!"

No comments: